- L.A.’s porn Mistake | Lorelei Lee (Salon.com) – What performers like Hartley and I are equally opposed to is being condescended to by hypocritical zealots like Weinstein and Lubben who are obviously motivated by a concern for something other than our health and safety. Who have, in fact, shown a “blatant disregard” for the health and safety of industry workers by making it more difficult for us to use the protections we already have in place when their actions led to the closure of AIM.
- Making a Fist of It: The Law and Obscenity | Freedom in a Puritan age – On Friday 6 January 2012, a historic case came to a conclusion in Courtroom 7 of Southwark Crown Court. Michael Peacock was unanimously acquitted, after a four-day trial that saw the outdated obscenity law of England and Wales in the dock…Peacock had been charged under the Obscene Publications Act 1959 for allegedly distributing ‘obscene’ ‘gay’ DVDs, which featured fisting, urolagnia (‘watersports’) and BDSM.
- Ask Tristan: Sex Toys and the Law • Pucker Up – [Ed. note: For this question, I turned it over to my legal expert, Davis from Sexquire.] So what does all of this litigation mean to sex shop clerks? First, unless you are in Alabama, you have no reason to fear being arrested on obscenity charges for providing sex education about or selling these products as other than novelties.
- Porn Star Activist Jiz Lee Talks About When and How Sex Workers Can Give Consent – San Francisco Art – The Exhibitionist – The ethics of consent is becoming a hot, vital topic of discussion in alternative sexuality communities. While talking about consent is something that never quite goes away, especially in BDSM communities, a lot of the dialogue doesn’t stray much beyond making sure that everyone is over 18 and knows his or her safeword. A few months ago, local activist bad-asses Maggie Mayhem and Kitty Stryker talked to us about their attempts to speak openly about abuse in BDSM and build “consent culture.” As they prepare to take those ideas on a cross-country tour, plenty of other people are continuing the conversation here in the Bay Area.
- Kate Bornstein reading excerpt from her new book, “A Queer and Pleasant Danger”
- The Case of Loving v. Bigotry – Slide Show – NYTimes.com – “In 1958, Richard & Mildred Loving were arrested in a nighttime raid in their bedroom by the sheriff of Caroline County, Va. Their crime: being married to each other. The Lovings…were ordered by a judge to leave Virginia for 25 years. The International Center of Photography is mounting a show of Grey Villet’s photographs of the couple in 1965 (January 20-May 6, 2012).
- Eric Holder Expands FBI’s Narrow, Outdated Definition Of Rape- MANCHESTER, N.H. — U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has revised the way the FBI defines rape, the first update to the federal definition in nearly a century.The FBI’s Uniform Crime Report has defined rape as the “carnal knowledge of a female forcibly and against her will.” This definition was narrower than the one used by many police departments around the country, and women’s rights advocates said it led to the under-counting of thousands of sexual assaults each year.
- Rape definition broadened to include men | CNN – The crime of rape will now be defined as “penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim,” the Justice Department said.
This event is open for leather women of all persuasions who enjoy woman to woman S/M. All S/M dykes, straight, bisexual and trans-sexual/gender women are welcome. FTM transgender bois/boys/men who feel they have a place in the S/M women’s community are also welcome. We ask that cis gender men, cross-dressers and transvestites please respect that this definition does not include you. We welcome you to join any of our many pansexual events at Play House which are held almost every weekend.
Cost: $25 per day, $75 for the weekend; off street parking available for $5 per day.
Location: Play House Studios in Baltimore, MD – street address provided when you RSVP to GlendaCPFA@aol.com
- RSVPs are Strictly Required as this is a sex positive event!!!
- Please bring something to share for our communal food table
- Non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase at the club
- All experience levels welcome but you must be over 18 to attend
- Over-night dorm style crash space is available for an additional fee of $25 per night;
- A limited number of work exchange scholarships are available;
For more info please write GlendaCPFA@aol.com
Fetlife RSVP: http://fetlife.com/events/33708
Friday 11/26/10: 9 PM -2 AM: Open Play
10 PM Class: Empowerment Through Erotic Motion by grrlMel – This class is for anyone who wants to feel beautiful, self-assured, and sexy in the body she has right now not the one she hopes to have after her New Year’s resolutions. It is designed to help people harness their own sensual power and reconnect with the joy that comes from expressing yourself in musical motion — whether slow and steamy or high-energy and hot. I encourage everyone to be gentle with themselves they learn to strut their stuff, and shred their clothes (optional) and inhibitions with style and musicality. Come prepared to participate because you can’t learn to move by watching. (presenter bio at end of invitation)
2 PM Visionary Arts Museum (800 Key Highway, Baltimore, MD 21230) Dinner 6:30 PM @ Kumari (911 N Charles St.Balto, MD 21201) All are welcome, RSVPs requested to GlendaCPFA@aol.com – please specify museum, dinner or both in your RSVP and the # of people.
Saturday 11/27/10 9 PM – 3AM Open Play and the Wrestling Mats will be out! And we are adding a Rope class to Saturday night, too.
Strip Tease and Lap Dancing Extravaganza at Midnight, please bring cash to tip the dancers, it’s for charity!
If you would like to participate in the NCSF Strip Tease and Lap Dancing Extravaganza Fundraiser, please notify Glenda and bring a CD or Mp3 player with your song(s) on it. If you choose to use an Mp3 player, please have your song(s) on it’s own playlist and clearly labeled! You may perform 2 – 3 songs depending on length.
Sunday 11/28/10 1 PM -8 PM: Brunch and Open Play
Sunday 11/28/10 3 PM Class: Strap-ons for Bigger Bodies – A word to the thick soul sistas: Do you find your strap-on sex difficult or clumsy? Is it hard to find a harness that fit you comfortably? Do you wish your dildo was an extension of yourself? We will walk you through how to find the right harness for your size, what to look for in your dildo and how to enhance your pleasure as the thruster while giving your partner that best ride possible. We will also show you different positions in our live demo and how to keep it safe and sexy. (presenter bio at end of invitation)
Please RSVP to GlendaCPFA@aol.com – RSVPs are STRICTLY REQUIRED so that we may bring you sex positive events. Even if you announced your attention to attend via the FetLife events page or a group posting please also RSVP via e mail. THANKS.
We ask that everyone bring something to share for our communal food table. BYOB is allowed but if you choose to drink, please drink only in moderation as inebriation is not appropriate for this event. Non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase at the club.
ABOUT grrlMEL: grrlMel has been dancing her whole life and teaching dance since 2004. Whether it’s West Coast Swing or Burlesque, she’s known for easy sensuality and her ability to connect to her dance partner and her audience. She focuses on teaching simple, sexy moves set to music (not dancing), to help you connect to your inner sensuality. I strive to provide a supportive environment where folks can relax, be gentle with themselves and gain confidence in expressing themselves through sensual motion.
ABOUT SARA: Sara Vibes was born and raised in New York City. She is a black, polyamorous, queer, kinky, Bi-dyke and an adopted daughter of a sex therapist who had specialized in sex and disability and was disabled herself. Sara knew she was poly when she remembered that her Ken doll dated all the Barbies! Sara is an active member in BDSM, LGBT, and Kink communities in New York City.
She is a founding member of Nina Hartley’s SexWise.me, a sex-positive online community. She currently works as a curator and contributor of SexWise Magazine and a moderator of the online forums. Sara has been interviewed by Nerve magazine and will soon be writing for Zora and Alice, an online magazine for young women of color.
@Sara_Vibes on twitter
ABOUT ASHLEY: Ashley Young is a teacher, writer and artist living in New York City. She identifies as a Fem Queer Dyke and is new to polymory as well as the BDSM scene. Ashley is a huge advocate for people’s fully sexually expressed selves and aspires to be a sex educator along with her partner in the near future. She sums up her poly lifestyle by saying, “I can’t tell the difference between a lesbian and a serial killer, so being poly with my partner has kept me level headed, drama free and allowed me to explore my sexuality with both women and men” @Indig09 on TwitterA
Please help us spread the word about Just Play by forwarding the info to your friends, tweeting your plans to attend and/or posting it to any group where it would be appropriate and welcome. Thanks so much.
- Vibrator Use Among Gay and Bi Identified Men – About.com Guide to Sexuality Cory Silverberg highlights findings by scientist Michael Reece, who recently published data about vibrating sex toy use among gay and bisexual men. "Along with Debby Herbenick and colleagues at Indiana University's Center for Sexual Health Promotion, Reece has managed to find the funding and time to conduct basic research on sex toy use that has long been needed," Cory writes.
- Gay Workers Will Get Time to Care for Partner’s Sick Child – NYTimes.com – The new ruling indicates that an employee in a same-sex relationship can qualify for leave to care for the child of his or her partner, even if the worker has not legally adopted the child.<br />
The ruling, in a formal opinion letter, tackles a question not explicitly addressed in the 1993 law. It is one of many actions taken by the Obama administration to respond to the concerns of gay men and lesbians within the constraints of the Defense of Marriage Act, which defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman as husband and wife.
- The Myth of Lesbian Bed Death (Village Voice) – But where did this idea of “lesbian bed death” come from? Thank sociologist Pepper Schwartz, who, in her 1983 book American Couples, asserted that lesbians have less sex and intimacy than other couples. Although her methodology and results were later challenged, the idea of lesbian bed death has taken on a life of its own, with damaging results.
- Talking Sex, With Kink Educators and Anti-Porn Activists | Amanda Hess (Washinton City Paper) – If KinkForAll and “Porn Harms” have one thing in common, it’s an obsession with airing taboos.
The Sensual Vegan is original eco-sex store! Shop for vegan condoms and safer sex supplier, organic & natural lubes, vegan BDSM and fetish gear, quality eco-friendly sex toys, natural body care, candles, and books – made for herbivores and those who prefer vegan, organic, natural products. The Sensual Vegan only carries the quality sex products that are free from animal testing and animal ingredients.
Furry Girl is running a sale until June 2nd:
From now until the end of June 2nd, use the coupon code MEXICO at checkout to take 20% of all orders places at TheSensualVegan.com, my little vegan/natural/eco sex shop.
Tired of your Hitachiâ€™s cord not stretching far enough? Â Get the cordless rechargeable Acuvibe, normally $80, for $64. Â Into G-spot toys? Â My very favorite is the silicone Faerie, normally $50, which you can now get for $40. Â Want to make your pussy all strong and amazing? Â Try the Kegelcisor, normally $85, on sale for $68. Â Looking for a nonleather strapon harness? Â I have the 5 most awesome ones, like the Joque in black and white, all reduced from $90-100 to $72-80 when you use the coupon code MEXICO. Â Plus, all these prices include shipping (US only).